sheesh! one post for the month of february.
thats kinda sad - just goes to show how busy things are, I guess.
let me start by apologizing to any readers hoping for another drunken blog post over the weekend.
i didn't realize how much my away messages are enjoyed by people - or the drunk blogging.
i'll work on that :-D
so its spring break. i'm sitting in the Cats of the theater working an outside theater event for a group that's emasculted chris into working curtain instead of lights, and demoted my sound tech job to intermission/5 minute pause music, and dimming house lights for the same.
its so not worth the money - but at this point I'm stuck at La Salle, and I might as well cash in.
Friday night (the night that should've ended in an amusing drunken blog post...execpt there was too much Tequila) was awesome - it was Elisa's 23rd, and we sat at Independence Brew Pub for hours just laughing and talking about things.
Tequila drunk is a very different sort of drunk - I forget these things because I drink vodka so much.
It hits you in a completely different place in your head...
In particular, it made me want to dance, and sing. Its an anti-inhibitor really.
Things around me seem to be shitstorming again. I'm really sad to see a lot of friendships disintegrate, but... I guess thats life.
Its strange, talking to people about where they're going, who they'll still be in touch with...
Hearing a lot of localized plans...
And then going on awkwardly to say that I might be in Seattle for a year, or Cape Cod, or moving around the country with Americorps NCCC.
Its interesting to read the reactions I get. To see if people give a crap.
I've dealt with the Out of Sight Out of Mind attitude while I was away.
But really - I want so much to be certain of where I'm headed - for that comfort... But at the same time, committing to something that might determine where my life will be headed for the next number of years is kind of terrifying for me.
Can't I like, sail around the world, or backpack my way across Eurasia? Can't I pretend to be an explorer or something?
Instead of settling into something that's going to limit me with so many rules?
Hooroo real life, goodbye adventuring...for now, dammit. For now.
04 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'll miss you where ever you go, but at the same time I'll be very happy for you. You will undoubtly make a difference in the world no matter where you are in it! Do whatever makes you happy. If that's not good enough for some people then they aren't good enough for you.
Enjoy the spa!
If you travel around the world, I better be getting postcards.
Couchy, I typed up your bio today. Thank you for what you said to me. It made me tear up a little, f0 realz.
1) thanks for your comment. and that's why i said "particular people".. i'm not even talking about the fakes. but anyway.
NOOO. No going away for a year!!! Help me ... get drunk.. yea. drunk. drunk me is fun... um..yea.
but watch out for that eurasia area... so much battle over that area. 7 men at every go, but you can never hold it. (risk joke)
Eh, i'm at the same place as you right now. No clue what to do. And being forced to figure out now. The solution to this problem??? We get drunk. Really drunk. now. lol
And yea, drunken posts are fun.
Hey lady pants,
You know, Angie told me about Elisa's b-day and I was all like "Oh, I have rehearsal" (cause I did) and now I'm pissed I missed it! I heard from, like, EVERYONE that it was fun!
Hopefull, I shall see you soon.
Dear sistah,
Leave and I'll never speak to you again.
Ok...you know that's a dirty lie. Not even close to the truth. This whole week has been a shitshow and you are one of the reasons that I didn't kill a puppy or something drastic of that nature. We need to get drunk together again...possibly the next weekend we are back. I discovered a new and wonderful drink that involves our liquor of choice...vodka. Anyway...thanks for being here for me.
too long. meh.
<3 lil sistah.
Post a Comment