So I got to go to NY one more time with my mother last week -- and lo and behold we nabbed seats dead center (from every direction) in the mezzanine to see Patti LuPone in Gyspy.
Ever since Evita I've really known and enjoyed her -- but ever since the Broadway Revival of Sweeney Todd, well, she's been my homegirl.
That being said - the production is as brilliant as they say. It's completely worthy of the Tonys it won, everything about it - and Patti LuPone is just spellbinding.
Mom and I trekked off our usual beaten path and headed West of all the hullabaloo of Fashion Ave and ate for $15.00 total at a delicious Thai Restaurant. Mom's never done Thai and always thought she wouldn't like it - but really enjoyed it.
We grabbed some different maps and brochures this time around and are now seriously planning an 'extended trip' sometime around Christmas. We probably won't stay up in NY, but we might buy one of those passes that gets you everywhere and lasts for 9 days. We'd use it for two weekends, or weekdays if we can spare them, and go for a total of four days and hit all those things that we've missed over the years. It's been ages since Ellis Island, we've never done the Empire State Building, or the MET for that matter. Or rode one of those dorky double decker bus tours. It's sounding more and more like a good idea that I'm looking forward to planning with her.
I really should've put a claus in my summer goals for Broadway show trips because 2 in one summer is a first for me too... Go team. Go team go.
~*~*~*~*~
Both concerts I'm seeing in September happen this week -- The Fratellis at the TLA on Thursday Night, and Ben Folds with a live orchestra at the Mann Center on Saturday.
I'm stoked for both. Especially The Fratellis though because tickets were only $16. When does that ever happen anymore!?
~*~*~*~*~
I got a haircut yesterday. I think I like it? If not, I am totally willing to go at it myself with scizzors at this point.
I also think I'm going to go get new glasses sometime soon. Don't expect anything crazy... then again, you never know...
I'm the guy who created the aptively named, "Pancake Breakfast Shot" Thursday night when juice was scarce and syrup was prevalent at Dan's apartment.
1 Shot Vanilla Skyy Vodka + Healthy drizzling of Pancake Syrup
Stir with spoon end.
Lick crux of hand, apply sugar.
Enjoy.
Clearly, Amy + two drinks that could've peeled paint off walls = Small Party
I think all of these things point to the fact that without a rigorous class schedule and demands of running a theatrical organization -- my borderline A.D.D. tendencies and thought-jumping increase tenfold. Usually in a manner that amuses others.
I'm off to run errands (i.e. blow money in various locations) before my family's (picnic/dinner/sort of gathering for the holiday but not really) much later today.
31 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Did you just call Patti LuPone your homegirl?
Cause if you did, I think that makes you my hero.
Dan told me about the pancake shot. This we must try! Who knows, maybe we can use it to replace the Family Syrup Shot. It would definitely make us JUST as crazy ;-)
Post a Comment