Today at the theatre we pulled double-duty.
A 10 a.m. children's theater production of Tiny Tim's Christmas.
And a 2 p.m. matinee of our Winter Musicale.
I helped seat 17 mentally handicapped teens & adults for Tiny Tim. I ran back and forth to the lobby to carry 9 chairs to put on the ends of shorter aisles in the house to seat the last 9 kids without seats when rude chaperones wouldn't stand, and they were put in the very front of the house where they couldn't see for the same show. Making eye contact with an 8 year-old across a crowded room via the good old "I look at you. I point at my own eyes with two fingers - then point right at you. Yeah. You!" (Is there a technical term for this?) and have them jump up and scamper up to you like you were Christmas morning.
And then I tied a little girl's shoes - both of them - before she got on the bus to go back to school.
At the matinee I told an old woman who'd decked her cane out in wrapping paper, tinsel AND battery operated Christmas blinking lights wearing reindeer antlers that she looked spectacular. I gave away 2 tickets to our sold out Tiny Tim performance on Saturday to a grandmother so upset with herself about getting confused by the schedule & not buying ahead.
It was a very after school special kind of day.
Though I think my current cup of hot chocolate with frangelico might bring it up to a PG rating...
~*~*~*~*~
Still plugging along happily with my 101 in 1001 goals & blogging over there on wordpress up a storm. :-)
09 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment