03 September 2007

I'm glad I'm still random enough to confuse folks! :-)

You're all listed as an important/humorous event a-la 'Today In History" from your birthdays!
(You guys should really check out some of the stuff that happened on your birthdays, its fairly interesting, if not a great procrastinator for something or other - go here: http://www.scopesys.com/anyday/ )


My birthday is May 20th - also the anniversary of Lindbergh's takeoff to cross the Atlantic, and the first day of nuclear testing at Bikini Atoll (where the name 'bikini' was stolen from for bathing suits).
Val's Sept. 19th - and in 1928, Steamboat Willie, ie. Mickey Mouse made his premiere.
Kate's Oct. 13th - which is also the 1st military use of trained dolphins back in '87 by the Navy in the Persian Gulf. You heard me. Dolphins. Just check the website.
Megan's Dec. 12th - in 1963 Kenya declared independence from the UK...and I mean...they DO have lions...
Jess' Jan. 29th - and the first time Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" was published.
Dan's April 18th - the day of Paul Revere's historic ride.
Doug's March 27th - also the day that Nikita Khrushchev became Soviet Premier in '58.
Pam's April 1st - which hysterically is also the same day in 1973 John Lennon & Yoko Ono formed a new country with no laws or boundaries, called Nutopia, where its national anthem really was silence.
Aaron's October 12th - the easiest by far - Columbus Day!
Jo Anna's Jan. 5th - and ironically was the day in 1934 when Fenway Park burnt down...the second time.
Liz's Nov. 22nd - also a giveaway... JFK was assasinated in 1963 in Dallas... hence the shady Debbie reference... Dallas... so not JFK's friend.
Sara's July 9th - in 1893 the world's 1st successful heart operation was performed.
Chris' Nov. 9th - the day the Giant Panda was discovered in China, 1927.

So there.
:-P

7 comments:

kw said...

I also want to say, on homestarrunner.com, my birthday is also the day on the cheat's fake ID...


...i have no life...

Jo Anna said...

That is ironic! I do love to burn things.... twice.

Jess said...

And I played a Raven. See...it was destiny.

Sara said...

You're BRILLIANT!

Kate said...

I was actually born in 1987 too! crazy. I'm glad you gave it away, cuz I never would have guessed.

<3

Val said...

The first underground nuclear explosion was performed on my birthday, and you went with Mickey...

Hahaha I love you!

Oh and btw, my birthday is also the same as Slimey the Worm on Sesame Street.

Love you!!!!!

-Babiest

Unknown said...

moms is too coincidental.

come to kenya, we've got lions.