26 February 2008

Steeeeaaaaling...

1. 15 Favorite Movies
2. Quotes
3. Post so folks Guess
4. Cheat and bad things will happen...



1. A: If he has withdrawn his high opinion of you, why should you care?
B: I don't know! I can't explain it. I know I shall probably never see him again... I... cannot bear to think that he is alive in the world......and thinking ill of me.


2. A: I knew a man once who said, "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.
B: I wonder, did your friend smile at his own death?
A: You must know... He was your father.
(Gladiator - DP)


3. You better grow eyes in the back of your head, you horned piece of shit, because I'm not gonna sleep until worms are crawling up your foam-rubber ass! I'm goin' on safari motherfucker! SAH-FAR-I! [rhino noise] (Death to Smoochy - DP)


4. This may smell bad, kid, but it'll keep you warm until I get the shelter up... Ugh. And I thought they smelled bad on the *outside*. (The Empire Strikes Back - DK)


5. A: Attention, whoever you are. This channel is reserved for emergency calls only...
B: No fucking shit, lady!! Do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza?!
(Die Hard - DK... it's about time someone got this!!)


6. You know that was the time I was most frightened... waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. (Jaws - DP)


7. What do you want? You're not from ze immigration. I told you people I lost my bloody papers ok. My family left Latvia during the occupation. Ve vere hunted like DOGS!


8. You're a... you're a complex Freudian hallucination having something to do with my mother and I don't know why you have wings, but you have very lovely legs and you're a very nice tiny person and what am I saying, I don't know who my mother was; I'm an orphan and I've never done drugs because I missed the sixties, I was an accountant. (Hook - DP)


9. A: I don't want this, it's too big.
B: That's what Jesus said. Yes, I had to tell him. And you can imagine how that hurt the Father - not to be able to tell the Son Himself because one word from His lips would destroy the boy's frail human form? So I was forced to deliver the news to a scared child who wanted nothing more than to play with other children. I had to tell this little boy that He was God's only Son, and that it meant a life of persecution and eventual crucifixion at the hands of the very people He came to enlighten and redeem. He begged me to take it back, as if I could. He begged me to make it all not true. And I'll let you in on something, Bethany, this is something I've never told anyone before... If I had the power, I would have.
(Dogma - DK)

10. A: Do you compare your conduct with his?
B: No. I compare it with what it ought to have been; I compare it with yours.


11. A: Are you able to see the white line painted on the floor directly behind you, Six-Double-Five-Three-Two-One?
B: Yes, sir.
A: Then your toes belong on the *other* side of it!
(A Clockwork Orange - DP)


12. Fuck you, W****! I didn't create the situation, I'm just dealin' with it! You're acting like a first year fucking theif - I'm acting like a professional! If they get him, they can get you. They get you, they get closer to me, and that can't happen! And you, motherfucker, are lookin' at me like it's MY fault. I didn't tell him my name. I didn't tell him where I was from. I didn't tell him what I knew better than NOT to tell him! Fuck, fifteen minutes ago you almost told me your name! You, buddy, are stuck in a situation YOU created. So, if you wanna throw bad looks somewhere, throw 'em at a mirror! (Reservoir Dogs - DK)


13. I think you will find me a slasher... of prices! (Hot Fuzz - DK)


14. This morning, a list arrived at the headquarters. It was a list of civilians who’d been…rounded up and sent to Germany in a convoy… that left Stalingrad three weeks ago. My parents were amongst them. After 300 kilometers the Germans stopped the train and forced everyone out. In the middle of a bridge, they bound them together, two by two. Mothers with daughters. Husbands and wives. They… lined them up against the railing, and then fired a single shot at each pair… to save bullets. It worked. The bodies of the ones who died dragged the others under the water. I know they died together. They never would have let themselves be separated. (Enemy At the Gates - JC)


And last, but not least - probably my favorite storytelling scene from a movie ever. Many points to the person who gets this...

15. "Once upon a time deep, deep in the jungle there was a little engine that could and he was chuggin' his way across the enemy line. chugga chugga chugga chugga, chugga chugga chugga chugga, toot toot. This little engine's mission was to take some AK-47's and a nuclear payload over the mountain to the 20-63 battalion, needless to say there was plenty opposition. You think that stopped the Little Engine That Could? No-sir-e-Bob, He just kept chuggin’ along…
chugga chugga chugga chugga, chugga chugga chugga chugga, toot toot
Not even when they climbed aboard the train and popped out the eyes of the conductor. And blood and snot was drippin’ out his eye sockets.
You think that stopped the Little Engine That Could? Damn skippy he just kept chuggin' along.
chugga chugga chugga chugga, chugga chugga chugga chugga, toot toot
It wasn’t till... Charlie rigged the bridge with plastic explosives.... Just as the Little Engine was making his way across the trestle:
BOOM!
Explosion happened! Blood and guts and spit and ass was everywhere, And Bubba come crawling out the back door... both legs missing...
Lula May’s Baby Boy - And he looked up at me, he said 'Payne, I can't feel my legs...'
and I said 'Bubba, they ain't there' And I looked down and them little bloody nubs was kicking real fast like this here. And I said, “Bubba, It’s thirty miles to the nearest town, unless you can flip upside down and walk on your hands, you ain't gonna make it. All of a sudden Charlie was all over the place, just me and my sidearm. I had no other alternative but to blast my way out:
AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
DIE PIG DIE!
(Major Payne - DP... Dammit, Doug, be proud!)


Also, this happened by accident - but I've got the same case as Jess.
Bonus: Name the actor that stars in 3 of the 15 movies? There's also one who stars in 2 films...

Bonus #2: Robin Williams, in Death to Smoochy, and Hook - DK

10 comments:

kw said...

4. Empire Strikes Back
6. Titanic?
9. Dogma
12. Resevoir Dogs
13. Hot Fuzz

Stylings of a Selective Amnesiac said...

TITANIC!?!?!

REMOVE THAT BLASPHEMY FROM MY WEBPAGE!!!

Doug said...

2. Gladiator
3. DEATH TO SMOOCHY! LOVE IT!
4. Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
6. Jaws, thank you very much
8. Hook
9. Dogma
11. Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange
15. I am ashamed to know this is Major Payne

As for the character in a lot of these, I'm guessing it's in some of the ones I don't know because I can't get it.

Val said...

Wow Mama...no effing clue!

Jess said...

14. Enemy at the Gates

Yeah, of course, that's the one I picked.

TITANIC IS NOT A BLASPHEMY!

How DARE you!

"I'll never let go, Jack. I'll never let go."

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

kw said...

Robin Williams.... i know he was in at least 2

kw said...

I want to say steve buscemi just because...but i know better.... damn you

Unknown said...

I think 1 might be Sense and Sensibility. Perhaps.

kw said...

5 is die hard

kw said...

Oh, and i think you're the only one who can possibly guess my 8 and 10... 8 not so much. And that's what the other actor is in (i wasn't counting the bonus quote).

Think, entourage. ;)