Happy New Year!
Last evening was spent at Cantina Los Caballitos where Mexican food was delicious, free nachos were plentiful, and a 2 hour $15 open bar sealed the deal very nicely.
Good times were had - photos were taken - just not on my camera.
There IS one great one floating around out there with the group of us each double fisting our drink of choice.
Last evening was spent at Cantina Los Caballitos where Mexican food was delicious, free nachos were plentiful, and a 2 hour $15 open bar sealed the deal very nicely.
Good times were had - photos were taken - just not on my camera.
There IS one great one floating around out there with the group of us each double fisting our drink of choice.

Today was my first time seeing the Mummers Parade in person. I've watched it on TV. I do a mean Mummers Strut, complete with parasol, when given the opportunity. But it's just never worked out properly.
We wound up with a spot right along the fenceline just south of Broad & Washington right at one of the performance areas.
Television really doesn't do this bizarre tradition justice, let me tell you. We went into the streets armed with spiked hot chocolate or orange juice just as the String Bands hit the street.
We laughed, ooh'd & aah'd, and hooted the entire time. We reached the point of near death due to exposure just as the last of the String Bands were finishing - so it worked out perfectly.
I'd love to watch it again next year, probably slightly more intoxicated, and definitely with several more layers of clothing on!
I'd love to watch it again next year, probably slightly more intoxicated, and definitely with several more layers of clothing on!
Traditional New Years Dinner of pork & sauerkraut was held at my grandmother's, where Craig & I giggled over SNL clips.
And now -- after nearly 2 weeks off -- I'm headed back to work tomorrow.
At least I'll have 2 paychecks waiting for me. ;-)
And next week is only a four day week...
Never having been a great fan of New Years, 2009 certainly started off on the right foot.
And now -- after nearly 2 weeks off -- I'm headed back to work tomorrow.
At least I'll have 2 paychecks waiting for me. ;-)
And next week is only a four day week...
Never having been a great fan of New Years, 2009 certainly started off on the right foot.
And with lots of girly Wedding-Type-Things this weekend I'm sure to be busy.
But I figure, last year I broke my blogging record... so I might as well shoot for that again this year - and start that off right too!

No comments:
Post a Comment