Best Book Devoured in one day of SAT proctoring and subsequent BRT night shift: Twilight, by Stephenie Myer
Best new bad habit: Book-stalking and holding books at the library/Hunting down all other books written by favorite authors I have yet to read = Enormous Task AND following the Sookie Stackhouse series both in print and on the HBO adaptation...
Best Book Published Before 1930 Read This Year: The Masqueraders by Georgette Heyer (1928) It's like Jane Austen never died...
Best New TV Obsession: House
Biggest Loss to the Literary World: Kurt Vonnegut
Biggest Loss to the Musical World: Luciano Pavarotti
Biggest Loss to the Film World: Paul Neuman
--Saddest Loss to the Film World: Heath Ledger
Biggest Loss to the Media World: Tim Russert
Biggest Loss to the Fasion World: Yves Saint Laurent
Biggest Loss to the World in General: Dith Pran, the Cambodian-born journalist whose experiences of brutal enslavement & eventual escape from that country's murderous Khmer Rouge revolutionaries in '79 inspired The Killing Fields, which is still the best wide-reaching testament of the genocide that happened there.
Worst Setback to the Women's Movement in 20 Years: Sarah Palin
Revelations & Affirmations
-The gym and I will be better friends in 2009, even if my social life slows down slightly because of it. I've gotten too far to stop now. :-)
- No relationship is perfect. The closer you get, the worse the damage can be sometimes - but it's worth it for that closeness & comfort level.
- Now I just need to keep talking.
- I miss having conversations about books, film, art... just something different. I've got to find an outlet for that...
- Learning to let go isn't a simple process, but I think I'm getting it.
- The shortlist of things I want to do but haven't, due to money or whatever, is getting penned in this year, I can feel it. :-)

2 comments:
Good Omens was freaking FANTASTIC. I read it at the beach this summer.
House...HOUSE!
Lupus...LUPUS!
Post a Comment