05 January 2009


Talk about a jam-packed weekend.

It started out Friday going straight towards the mall to grab last minute decorations and things for Sunday afternoon, and placing my order of balloons.

Then Sarah's birthday at the Khyber - we were only out till midnight because we were all still exhausted from New Years festivities/having to work during the day Friday.

Saturday was the Bachelorette Party/Scavenger Hunt Extravaganza, which came together under Julia's direction perfectly!

My location was Bob & Barbara's, where Jess was kind enough to chill with me for a PBR & whiskey special while I had my ususal, before heading to the Wilma to meet Amanda. The vodka & cranberry drinks there are wonderful because they come in pint glasses. And I had three.

In that time, the bartender, aptly named Butch, and I conversed about the wonderful crap on the walls (So much PBR content), how the PBR special originated at Bob & Barbara's, and about the Scavenger hunt I was a part of.
During this time, Butch decided I was a classy lady, and began pouring me several free shots of whiskey, to help fight off the cold for the next leg of our journey.


Amanda arrived - the toilet paper veil was craftily assembled in the bathroom, and advise on marriage was offered by both Butch, and another patron we will always remember as St. Tim.


The belligerent stumble down South street to Manny Browns eventually led us to Mixto on Pine Street, where I wisely chose not to drink any further till the end of the evening.



Sunday morning, bright and early I was off picking up the balloons, to my aunt's for more extra chairs for the party, and back to my house to whip up a batch of Green Bean Caserole - one of my mother's prized dishes which sadly takes a good hour & a half to cook. I dove into my car and the rest of the day went alot more smoothly. We had an ungodly amount of wonderful food and snacks at Ali's apartment, and ooh'd and ahh'd over Amanda's pretty presents.


After doing some cleaning up, I drove back home, took many antihistamines and passed out early in the evening.

So today, despite feeling like I haven't had any weekend at all -- things are good.
Even with another ridiculously busy weekend on the horizon.
Everything turned out better than we'd hoped (and we were desperate for things to go well) and there are a ton of pictures floating around out there to document our every move. :-)

And with that... I'm crawling back under my desk ;-)

1 comment:

Jess said...

I enjoy that when I left for The Wilma, you were sober...

When I returned about 45 minutes later, you were shwasted!