31 December 2006

So listen, um, Death?

You Suck.

You've either taken away family of friends, friends, or just plain family.
You waited late in the game to affect me this year, starting with Clancy in the summer.
Now I get to listen to everyone talk about Leslie like she's already dead...
The way you work though - she might as well be.
After nearly 2 weeks of hearing nothing from my grandma's sister, Aunt Ellen about how she was doing, just her dramatic bullshit that we've all heard before.
But hearing it from Allison - from her sister... really - its happening.
There's nothing worse than watch someone in their pain, knowing they're going to die, and be unable to offer comfort.
New Years has never been huge for me... but now you're making it much worse.....


Its hard to reflect on a year in this state.
I'm not one for trying to make lists or name names to define a year.
My brain can't fathom selecting things so tangibly to represent a year of my life.
It's going to come out scattered, and might not do it justice in the end.. but, here's hoping...
Little things and big things alike come to mind.

2006 - you were interesting, to say the least.
Thank you for things... and stuff... things that come to mind ---

  • Drawing class with Dr. Williams, AND Figure scultping... art makes the rest of the world disappear.
  • Coming back to school fairly easily -- or rather, delaying my 'feeling out of place' until this fall... I don't think I could've handled it then. I barely handled it as it was...
  • Getting an awesome Masque kid in Kate - and seeing the love the new freshman could have for the group... awww.. late bloomers.
  • Shakespeare - cast and crew were such a pleasure to work with.
  • Summer Quizzo nights at Dark Horse.
  • Oliver!, table dancing, and the subsequent poke war with Chris T. on facebook.
  • Road trips of every kind.
  • Getting to know the underclassmen better -- which lead to feeling back 'in' again, and making it worth it.
  • Michael Borton!
  • Having Nicole and Chris to 'talk' to with eye contact during POINT meetings.
  • Getting to be a Zombie. Twice! And bonding/vomiting with Megan at Jess' party.
  • Not feeling like a failure closing night of J&H after a successful run, and especially the rallying support of alumni and certain peers .
  • Being able to laugh at the anger in other people... or realizing that people with shit for brains can't hurt you - not really.
  • The moments Jaime and I had acting like the support system we were in Sydney -- or the, 'hey, this time last year we were in Tasmania', etc. moments....
  • Realizing that Senoirs everywhere are all in the same boat as we ponder the rest of our lives... and thats okay.

The computer at home is being whacky again -- who knows if this post will even go through, or get lost somewhere ...
It doesn't matter that much though -- because here I am, and *I* know... that its a year later...
I'm back in the States. And I'm okay.




Hooroo, 2006.

1 comment:

Kate said...

it seems everyone had an...interesting...2006. i'm glad i was part of something that helped make your 2006 ok.