03 December 2007

Jumbledness. Ready, go.

Being sick sucks.
Especially when you can't shake a cough... mmm...fluid in your lungs.
Medicine makes me extremely wacky, so I get by on suphedrine during the day and take the crazy stuff at night.... which makes my dreams ridiculously off the wall.

Having a tastefully erotic dream involving a coworker sucks.
You know the kind I'm talking about.
Where nothing happens but you wake up with that horribly 'ooh-la-la' feeling that makes you say, "Oh, that is SO inherently wrong... but, well, shit!"
That's why they're dreams, right?
Clearly there's a part of me that wants to get on with dating while the more controlling part still wants to hold off till I feel more confident in myself.
And to that part of me I say, "Shut up, ya' sick fuck and wait a little longer!"
Besides, he's too old for me. Really. I'm the baby at work.
Does someone have a nice cousin who's like 30 I could introduce him to? lol.

End awkwardness.

---

I was such a lazy ass today after work.
I ate very healthily at work with the full intention of going to the gym after dinner, and I sort of collapsed onto the couch with a headache and stayed there until Heroes was over.

At least I'll make up for it tomorrow night at dance.
I missed a class because I was sick, so I can make it up - by staying for the class after my normal one. That's right folks, 2 hours of getting my ass kicked.
I actually can't wait. :-)

---

The snow on Sunday was lovely - a Poconos weekend or three, or five are in the planning stages. I'm so psyched to ski this season that it's exciting just thinking about it. The fact that Tom has a place in mountains as well offers the opportunity for dueling weekends, and the chance to go up when I'd otherwise be forced to adhere to my parents and brother's schedules as well.

---

Jess' post on the Lifeboat Effect was profound in several ways, and highly amusing.
My posts don't boast nearly the same level of content, but I will add my two cents to the concept by saying this of lifeboats.

They're leaky, and smelly, and have issues of their own - but we go into it well aware of their flaws... and somehow find the ride exciting anyway.

Why? Because we're theater people. And have hopelessly romantic ideals about love.
We're Moulin Rouge hooked on coffee at 3 a.m. thinking about our futures.
And really not that hard to impress.
They just have to 'do it' for us, and not be an asshole.
The trouble is - oftentimes the nicer lifeboats are just sort of drifting out there obliviously, or in a ridiculously shy fashion that's hard to overcome.
Or being jumped all over by the other thrashing hopefuls, which makes the saner of the lot back off.

Heeeeeeere lifeboat lifeboat lifeboat lifeboat.... ;-)


Hooroo headache, finally! Hellloooo trash novel before bedtime.
Which I know several of you hate me for, but I'm doing it anyway, dammit...
Hah! Maybe they're why.... nevermind...

3 comments:

Val said...

Oh Mama, you're so silly! And I love you for it!

We need to talk about fun Christmas break adventures, so hurry up and get better!

<3
Babiest

Jess said...

Here lifeboat, lifeboat, lifeboat made me crack up!

We just like damanged men.

Speaking of, 30's not too old for me ;-) (wink wink) hehe

kw said...

I'm just going to account that most of this entry was drug induced...

...and jess' comment just made me go wtf ew.... but eh, what can ya do.

and agreeing with val, we need to plan. only thing i have in mind is an "I am legend" happening... and sweeney todd, of course... even though a lot of people are going to the screening (somehow la salle hooked up onto a screening but it's through comm, so not many ppl knew bout it, til raven opend her mouth, yet... i'm still not going? )