13 January 2008

I heart skiing!

... and fully realize that this picture doesn't actually *show* me skiing... but at least there's snow, and dammit, I look cute.
I was first put on skiis when I was like, four, but a camera is one thing my family never really took to the ski slopes. Disposables weren't so big back then, and the family camera in those days was a commodity you didn't risk breaking while flying down a mountain at high speeds with two boards strapped to your legs.

Needless to say, there aren't really any pictures of me on skis - something I'd love to remedy this year by bringing a disposable up for the next big trip. I'm skilled enough that a disposable would likely survive the trip, and only be at risk from the weather... it'll be a fun challenge, but an event worth capturing I think.

This weekend was excellent. The tiny weekends *always* are. Greg and I braved another "Day Off at the Slopes" on Friday at Jack Frost after nearly sweating ourselves out of the house thursday night and watching copious amounts of Pinky & The Brain while drinking (you know you're jealous.) Nik joined us Friday night for an evening of ridiculously varied conversational pieces and alcohol that ended very late. We skied again (and before anyone starts to question the spelling, it goes - to ski, have skied, go skiing, own skis -thankyouverymuch) Saturday evening at Big Boulder and ended the trip at Denny's with the most forgetful waittress known to man. All of it was lovely, even if my ski boots are definitely in need of a tune up (you do not want to see the bruise on my calf) it's still the most exhilirating sport that doesn't happen at 15,000 feet.

It was perfect having Friday off, so I had today to recover. I definitely need to try another 2 day ski trip to build up my strength - it's exhausting, but well worth it! I'm even well aware of the fact that I have to go to work tomorrow, and I'm not miffed in the least... which really says something, huh?



Oh, and Asian Boy Scouts still do not belong on skis. That is all.

==========
"The aging process has you firmly in its grasp if you never get the urge to throw a snowball." -- Doug Larson

6 comments:

Pam said...

30 kinds of jealous.

glad you guys had a good time!!

kw said...

agreed with pam

Val said...

I third Pam, but we got so much done! But I third Pam...damnit!

My Mama is a ski-master-grand-champion! Well, okay to me she is!

<3
Babiest

Jess said...

I'll bring my old camera when we all go.

But are we going to ski? Cause I don't see our group "skiing"...

kw said...

if by "skiing" you mean "drinking until we go 'hey, look what i can do' and roll down a large hill covered in snow", then i'm down for that jess.

kw said...

oh my god amy!!

there's like 3 more i know you can get!