30 January 2008

Wow, kids --- only 45% on that song list?
I feel so eclectic now... and surprised that certain folks missed songs from groups like the Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, STP... I mean... I dunno. Surprised, I guess.

I guess I'll post the ones no one got?

=====

2. I tried hard to mend my wicked ways, acted like a lunatic for years...
Wicked Ways - Garbage

5. Lately things won't go my way. Lately everthing is grey...
No Way - Korn

6. Cross through the border states to the wrong side, wrong side, and look away, Virginia...
Problems and Bigger Ones - Harvey Danger

8. Pleased to meet you, nice to know me, whats the message, will ya show me?
Down - Stone Temple Pilots

9. Oh well I'm the type of guy who will never settle down, where pretty girls are, well you know that I'm around...
The Wanderer - Dion and the Belmonts

10. Came in from a rainy Thursday on the avenue, Thought I heard you talking softly
Ordinary World - Duran Duran

11. Ooh - stop. With your feet in the air and your head on the ground, try this trick and spin it...
Where Is My Mind? - The Pixies

14. I'm drinking dust, with eyes of rust - tonight my tears might stain your wings, so flutter home cuz you're better off alone than with me...
Flutter Girl - Chris Cornell

15. Watch out sister, watch out brother watch our children while they kill each other with a gun they bought at Wal-Mart discount stores...
Love Is A Good Thing - Sheryl Crow

19. You used to live in New York City, then you moved to L.A., but you still miss the streets, where you used to play...
Bi-Coastal - Hugh Jackman, The Boy From Oz (Original Cast Recording)

21. This is the sound, the here and the now, you got to talk the talk, the talk, the talk, to get it all out...
The Last Song - Foo Fighters

22. Can't you hear those cavalry drums hijacking your equilibrium, midnight hags in the mausoleum where the pixilated doctors moan...
Sexx Laws - Beck

26. Too low to find my way too high to wonder why, I've touched this place before somewhere in another time...
Lebanese Blonde - Thievery Corporation

27. Just when I thought everything would be okay, just when I started to believe that everything was goin' my way, out came the cloud from under my feet, crashing back down to reality...
Pet Names - Smash Mouth

28. If I had my time again I would do it all the same and not change a single thing even when I was to blame...
Situation No Win - Audio Dynamite

29. You and your museum of lovers, the precious collection you've housed in your covers My simpleness threatened by my own admission...
Bathwater - No Doubt

30. I caught the moon today, pick it up and throw it away, all right, I got the perfect steal A cleaner love, with a dirty feel...
Pretty Noose - Soundgarden

31. I'm not surprised it's come to this, sooner or later there must be another's kiss, behind that kiss a promise of a life of bliss, yeah great...
Upside Down - Barenaked Ladies

33. Let me tell you about a girl I know, had a drink about a hour ago. Sitting in a corner by herself, in a bar in downtown Hell...
Date Rape - Sublime

35. You, doin' that thing you do breakin' my heart into a million pieces like you always do and you don't mean to be cruel you never even knew about the heartache I've been goin' through...
That Thing You Do - The Wonders

38. Train roll on, on down the line,Won't you please take me far away?Now I feel the wind blow outside my door,Means I'm leaving my woman behind.
Tuesday's Gone - Lynyrd Skynyrd

40. Cut a tape of my favorite songs, said what I can't face to face, I hoped that you would share all my thoughts...
R3wind - Better Than Ezra

====

Also, enjoy one of the best dating metaphors I've ever heard:

"The physical distance you maintain between you and your date conveys a powerful non-verbal message. On the one hand, if you keep away, she'll think you're not interested. On the other, if you get too close, she'll scream. Think of yourself as the Death Star. Only from the right distance will you seem like a gentle moon."

And that ladies and gentlemen is why I'm a complete and total nerd.
And explainably single. :-P

No comments: