I generally dislike writing on the mundane - but at the same time, that's better than having something truly horribe happening in my life.
Since I haven't written anything in over a month, I figured I owe myself a bit of a cleanout.
I've been so excited these past weeks with the coming of the warmer weather. The days its rained I've been tired and feeling low - and then the sun comes out and everything's better. That doesn't happen in the deep winter, or even the summer really when it rains. Just spring - but it works. It's when I reboot. Summer I'm usually much more productive (zombie movie, anyone?) so I've been pulling my summer clothes out of the attic in excitement.... only to find that nothing fits. Sure - "i have no room to complain" because its a good thing -- but I also HAVE NO CLOTHES! Like, someone-give-me-a-rope-or-something-my-pants-are-falling-completely-down-I-have-no-clothes. On my paycheck it's not going to be fun trying to create a new wardrobe. Hooray for my birthday coming up in a few weeks... I can guilt relatives into clothing me.
This week also was the first week without Gene here - or Christiana for that matter. Now that they're both gone it's ridiculously noticeable. The days go slower, and aren't really entertaining the way we'd make them. They both came back last night for our opening night party over at the scene shop (hooray!) and we're still going to be friends after this - but going it alone here is alot harder than I thought it would be. Gene was my office sibling - we'd tape things to each other, page one another over the phone system with death threats, and generally have a good time being crazy. BRT was slowly sucking out his soul though, so we made his last week great. Taco and Ice cream runs (not at the same time, promise), an hour cigar 'smoke break' to make up for all the time we'd never slacked off from work to smoke, a cowboy vs. gladiator fight... the list goes on. And he was the guy who made me feel confident that friends after college can be just as worthwhile. Last night we celebrated with another cigar outing outside the shop and just talked about anything. He's a cool kid - and I only hope the new hires are half as awesome as he is.
Since I haven't written anything in over a month, I figured I owe myself a bit of a cleanout.
I've been so excited these past weeks with the coming of the warmer weather. The days its rained I've been tired and feeling low - and then the sun comes out and everything's better. That doesn't happen in the deep winter, or even the summer really when it rains. Just spring - but it works. It's when I reboot. Summer I'm usually much more productive (zombie movie, anyone?) so I've been pulling my summer clothes out of the attic in excitement.... only to find that nothing fits. Sure - "i have no room to complain" because its a good thing -- but I also HAVE NO CLOTHES! Like, someone-give-me-a-rope-or-something-my-pants-are-falling-completely-down-I-have-no-clothes. On my paycheck it's not going to be fun trying to create a new wardrobe. Hooray for my birthday coming up in a few weeks... I can guilt relatives into clothing me.
This week also was the first week without Gene here - or Christiana for that matter. Now that they're both gone it's ridiculously noticeable. The days go slower, and aren't really entertaining the way we'd make them. They both came back last night for our opening night party over at the scene shop (hooray!) and we're still going to be friends after this - but going it alone here is alot harder than I thought it would be. Gene was my office sibling - we'd tape things to each other, page one another over the phone system with death threats, and generally have a good time being crazy. BRT was slowly sucking out his soul though, so we made his last week great. Taco and Ice cream runs (not at the same time, promise), an hour cigar 'smoke break' to make up for all the time we'd never slacked off from work to smoke, a cowboy vs. gladiator fight... the list goes on. And he was the guy who made me feel confident that friends after college can be just as worthwhile. Last night we celebrated with another cigar outing outside the shop and just talked about anything. He's a cool kid - and I only hope the new hires are half as awesome as he is.
Things are pretty good otherwise - nothing exciting to report, which is fine by me.
Well there are two things... Eddie Izzard on Monday! And Stone Temple Pilots on the 18th! Sarah landed pit tickets for my birthday... So yeah - exciting things! Probably the only exciting thing about my birthday really... its on a tuesday this year, and I never know what to do or feel like 'celebrating' myself. Whatev...
Oh wow... on another note.... exciting... in a horrible way...
Sindhu just got fired. Like walked in here and said today was her last day by Sue's decree.
Um... time for damage control?
Run!

1 comment:
#1: We BOTH need new jobs.
#2: And men (just throwing that in there)
#3: And to go shopping for summer clothes
#4: And to exercise outside so we look sassy in our summer clothes and get tans
(And you need to update more than once a month)
:-D
Post a Comment