Fiber One Bars!
:-)
Anyone who knows me well enough or has road tripped with me, or snacked with me knows that I can at any moment burst out with a, "Behold! The Power of Fiber One Bars!" promo that should really have me on television.
Well... they're just that good.
So I might as well keep track of my progress here so I can look back for encouragement or at leas to track my progress. Otherwise I'll just start posting vague song lyrics and then who knows where we'll be!
I'm down another pound... in 2 days.
4.4 down in less than 2 weeks. I was actually very surprised this morning on the scale. Not that I didn't do well yesterday, it's just that I'd expected a slow loss day. With the roads getting more and more snow last night, by the time I finished dinner, driving to the gym didn't seem like such a great idea.
So I only got in some good stretching, and 15 minutes on the treadmill doing running bursts. Fun thing about our treadmill - A. it was free -- but B. it's stuck on a slight incline. It's not horrible, but it makes running... fun. ;-) And by fun, I mean slightly insane.
But I done good, apparently.
No gym tonight either. Tonight is my first trip to Ikea - ever - with Jess to get some stuff she needs at her new place.
Tomorrow night though, I have an idea. I'm hoping it works out. I'm going to see if there's a fit looking woman I can stalk, and follow into the heavy lifting area where normally guys who look like American Gladiators hang out. I really want to try my hand at free weights. Its supposed to be so good for you, and mixing it in with weight machines is even better, because you have to really work on coordination to control free weights properly. Few women venture that direction. I need to find one that doesn't look like a bitch that I can either approach and directly ask for some pointers, just tail casually to see how she does things.
I might have to try this on a low traffic evening so as not to embarass myself too horribly. ;-)
I also might have to try kidnapping Lish to come with me so she can at least be there standing next to me if I fail at something and still feel validated.
So my next goals at the gym are - getting enough nerve to try the pull up bar machine (it offers a weight handicap, but still, scary to me), getting into no woman's land and trying some big free weights, if my schedule allows - get into a spinning class and see if I don't throw up trying to keep up with the pack.
Boosh!
04 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Mama!
I thought of you and TOTALLY grabbed myself a box of fiber one bars! I have really long Mondays with absolutely no time to grab food between my 2:00 (til 3:15 in Olney) and my 3:30 in Benilde (which lasts til 6) and I figured they are the perfect things to keep in my backpack for during class. So small, yet so filling!
And it's totally okay to only get in some stretch time and 15 minutes on the tredmill. The stretching always feels oh-so-good!
I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever. I am in very much need of some Mama advice. Weird shit has been going on lately...weird shit that'll probably even shock you.
<3
Babiest
The assisted pull-up is an amazing thing. It's so gratifying when you need less weight on the counter-balance.
ahhh Amy i wish i could be gym buddies with you!! i can soooo teach you a bunch of moves with free weights, I'm in this Boot Camp class twice a week and the whole thing involves switching back and forth from cardio to weight lifting
god damn distance
Post a Comment