17 February 2009

Friday night brought Tavern fabulousness --- and me running into, not only my high school theater program's musical director Kevin, but our assistant director Tommy as well! Kevin was the pianist at Tavern and Tommy works upstairs at the bar. It was so bizarre, walking through the door and going, "Now wait a minute...."
Not only that, but a Mr. Matthew Fischetti was there too - so catching up with people I haven't seen in a while (or ages) was a lovely surprise.

I harassed people to sing, sang myself, and we closed down the bar before I drove home still feeling the last drink Lou bought for me.

Saturday brought a gym visit, and meeting up with folks at Jess' place in Northern Liberties to pregame for the walk down to the Electric Factory for Ben Folds. We got a great spot just past the barricades between the floor and bar area, so even the us shorties of the group could see well. Ben could probably sing from the phonebook and I'd be immensely happy to see him anyhow. :-) He did sing "Underground," which I've never heard him do live - and it was spectacular. Ali and I were the definite bounce & dance kids of the group, so at least we were next to each other ;-)
Afterwards we headed to Bob & Barbara's and met up with other folks, closed down the bar, and went to the Penrose Diner in South Philly (after Tom tried to get us very lost with his directions) where both Elliot and I decided to get the Penrose Belt Buster (because everything else cost $7, so why not pay just $8 for EVERYTHING) We didn't eat it all, but felt very fat and sassy afterwards.
By the time Lauren drove us back to Jess' place, and then *I* drove home, it was almost 5 a.m.

I promptly collapsed, and slept till 12:30 -- all thanks to one of those dorky little sleep masks that cover your eyes.
I only ate dinner on Sunday because of said Belt Buster in the wee hours of the morning...


Which brings me to my next point... After last week being so slow losing weight. After a weekend where I didn't make the best choice by eating at 3 am....
I'm down like woah.
Past where I was last week too, by a whole pound. :-)

Last week I knew I was at least making progress strengthwise, because I was lifting heavier on all the machines I use, and was doing the elliptical machine at one setting harder resistancewise without any real difference in my heart rate. So I was getting somewhere -- maybe just getting my metabolism ready to move at a higher rate consistently? Whatevs!

I'm down 5.4 lbs, and the ladies in the office notice, and my mom claims my jawline looks better. All things that just keep boosting me along.

This week I'm really going to trrrrry to concentrate on the whens and whys about my eating habits. Buy one get one salad's at Saladworks are awesome...

No comments: