04 December 2008

I keep popping on here going, "You haven't written in ages... just write something."

And I sit here, and I wait.
And I sit here and I think...

And I can't come up with anything worth a damn to write about.


::Grasping At Straws Dance! LalaLaLA!::




Okay.

So.

My blue hair.

I adore the everloving shit out of it.

I get compliments from complete strangers who say it really works for me.
From folks who've known others to dye their hair but think this actually looks right on me.

And it can't rinse out fast enough for my parents to feel easy again. My father, before I dyed it asked me things like, "Do you think doing this is going to make you more attractive?"

Thanks, Dad. Really.


But finally doing something that I always wanted to - always thought would be awesome...

And having it be as awesome as I'd hoped, if not better...

Is pretty sweet.

And I say the same thing to anyone who asks why, and depending on their attitude they get something from the following reason pool:

Because *I* wanted to. I've always wanted to. So I did it.
I did it for me - I don't care who likes it. It had nothing to do with whether or not it would make me more or less attractive to someone. It had to do with making ME happy.

Fall has been so dreary this year that I wanted to do something to feel vibrant & alive.

You're only young once.

Cliche whatevers - I know right now I want to keep it like this.
That won't last forever... and really if the time is right... I could always do it again.



Also... I keep getting chatted up about the option of becoming a dental hygenist through some folks at work.
While it sounds wonderful (and depending on where you work the pay can be ridiculously good) -- I'm not sure I can see myself getting over the squicky factor.

Not for everything - my general fascination with the strange would probably kick in -- but I have my own special brand of complete horror at damaging or losing teeth in some way.
If I ever encountered one of those mouths where all the teeth are rotting out... well... how would I handle that? Things to ponder.



I'm also officially buying a Triple Pass to Camelback Ski Resort for the Season. Its a ridiculous deal, ends up being just $26 for a lift ticket that's good ALL day. At freakin' Camelback. They're so hoity toity with their prices -- its over half off. If anyone reads this that is determined to one day journey to the Swiss Alps with Greg, Davey & I -- let us know... you probably want to cash in on this ;-)

1 comment:

kw said...

if you can handle looking into my mouth and seeing how my teeth are...

you can probably pass the sick factor.